Tuesday 18 February 2014

Innsbruck - Mountains

When you are in Alps, you need to visit restaurant in the high mountains. The cable carts can be scary rising in steep cliffs, but the view on top is superb. We were fortunate have a sunny day, the spring was on its way with plus 10 decrees of Celsius. Snow way too bright without sunglasses.

Unfortunately I had only indoor leather shoes and they were a bit too slippery to climb to the highest point at 2334 meters. But I guess I reached 2300 meters. Now I have topped my last record of 2100 meters in Switzerland couple years ago :)


Alps to be climbed

I want to go there

Cable train..

Looking down..

Still rising

First level, next big cable cart

View from the fisrt level

Typical old house

Entrace to the cable cart

Cable cart could lift 96 persons or 7600 kilos.

going over buildings

Mountain bike trails

Forest level

Cables..

Ski resort at 1800 metres

Restaurant at 2000 metres

Hitchcock birds

View on a very sunny day

Weather was plus 10 of celsius

Snow iglu

Snow iglu inside

Restaurant

Beautiful view to rest

Ski and snowboarding park

Time to head up

Second cable cart takes to the top

Second cart was really fast

View to the city

Ski and snowboarding park

Avalance fencing

Quite steep downhill..

The second restaurant

View over mountains

Restaurant

Time to climb to the top

Backside view

This far I could go with my slippery leather indoor shoes

The other side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment