Monday 21 April 2014

Vietnam Patrol Boat, part 2

The patrol boat was painted today, I am very happy how the result look like. It is a bit more grayish than the picture which has more blue tones.

I used very fast painting method. First gray spray undercoat, watered down gryphonne sepia and dry brushing with stone gray. Especially the cabin looks perfect. The board was more problematic, after sepia wash I decided to use watered down german grey. It was too dark, so drybrushed with london gray. The finished board looks like the boat has seen lot of action.

Great piece for my Vietnam collection. Did I mention I found in Model Expo a bargain 10 euro Huey helicopter, prepainted in 1:48 scale, the cavalry is here too.


Finished patrol boat

Gray undercoat

The cabin is perfect, I left out the clear plastic windows.

The board painted with german gray

Dry brush with london gray

Comparison, mine is more grayish

Added the decals

Couple decals in the back

4 comments:

  1. You got Gryphonne Sepia to work? Mine is so thin and colorless it barely shows up against white...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old GW Sepia wash is the best, I have still some left. I use it on pretty much everything. Best result is if you water it down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out quite nicely! Nice and simple, but still looks great

    ReplyDelete