Monday 13 July 2015

Fallout Shelter

I remember the long evenings with Fallout2 in 1998. I liked the game a lot. Generally in RPGs the sneak and sniper skill seems be quite good. Hide and shoot tactics work quite well in computer games.

In Fallout2 with high sneak skill I used to sell items and then steal them back with pickpockting. After selling one game object twenty times, I got easy levels and further improved my pickpocketing skill even further. Then I looted a repeating sniper laser rifle from a NPC bodyguard who was protecting a salesman. I guess you were not supposed to succeed in that. That was the gun, repeating sniper rifle dealt serious damage. Oh boy, these were the days! :)

Noticed there was new Fallout Shelter for my mobile. Tried it in a old iPad2, but seemed quite slaggish. I managed to build a shelter with 30+ people and 2 epic characters happily living together until a radroach infestation killed half of them. Darn, what a crappy game was first thougth and I was quite annoyed. But this probably  happened to many other vaults too.

I started couple new shelters and noticed game runs much better on my new mobile phone. One of the shelters were once again run down by radroaches. Those pesky radioactive cockroaches. A third shelter looked more promicing, no epic characters but I got better random weapons and started building new happy shelter family. These two heavy hitters kept radroaches at bay. After 2,5 days I managed to grow the population to 100 and have survived to built the Nuka-Cola plant. That is the last building available. Quite addictive game.

This reminds that I still have my Fallout themed miniatures under construction.. 


Nuka-Cola plant

The Vault with gardens and water purification system

Happy 101 survivors of nuclear disaster. Yes I know the lift on right
would be better in middle, but game start setup kind of lead to
 this as was low on funds and I hate to rebuilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment