Sunday 12 January 2014

Painting British Settlers

The muskets and Tomahaws was so much fun that I had to start painting my own settlers. Luckily I had bought several Conquest Miniatures from a discunt sale same many years ago while at Germany. Nowadays these are available from Warlord Games French Indian Wars range.

First painting batch had about 12 civilians and 22 rangers. That was maybe too much to do in one go, but I had great progress. Rangers are in Vallejo US dark green with olive green highlight. Brown parts are flat earth and orange brown. Next I need to wash skin and paint weapons.

I can probably use my Kalerian WWII huts with these. No one will note the period difference of a log house :)


Progress so far

Rangers

Civilians

Green had been added


Civilians have same color scheme to blend well with rangers.

Green jacket looks good, but trousers need more color.
 I will probably wash the pants with a brighter orange. 

1 comment: